High-tension wire falls in Kulgam village, damages gadgets
Kulgam, 14-Jan;A high-tension wire snapped and fell on the Low-tension wire causing panic among the inhabitants in Babapora Qazigund area of Kulgam district.
No one was injured in the incident however electronic gadgets in the residential houses in the area were fully damaged.
Residents said if the broken wire had fallen on the snow covered road during the day, anyone would have been killed.
On Friday evening , several residents of Babapora heard a loud explosion and ran out of their homes. Refrigerators, gysers and other electronic goods in most of the houses were burned in the explosion caused by the snapping of the high-tension wire.
These high-tension wires dangling on wooden poles have resulted in a number of mishaps in the past and it is time something was done to shift them,” said local residents
They added that they have made a number of complaints but the same has been ignored .
Meanwhile the residents urged district administration to address their grievance at an earliest so that major tragedy can be averted. (CNS)“`